4/20 is Coming! Historically, April 20th has been a time of cannabis sales, special promotions, product demos, celebrity appearances, and special events. How are licensed operators adjusting sales, marketing, and promotional strategies for their first local and state licensed 4/20 season, serving both Medical and Adult-Use patients and patrons? Ensuring a compliant 4/20 in the age of a newly regulated marketplace requires new navigational skills.
Join MMLG to examine the local and state regulations that retailers, distributors, and manufacturers need to know in order to stay compliant. From “penny programs” to Patient Appreciation Days (PADs) to the proper application of the excise tax on discounted items, we will troubleshoot the cannabis industry’s very own holiday to ensure operators are able celebrate within the confines of local and state regulations.
*Confirmed! Jennifer Hawkins, Business Taxes Specialist at the California Department of Tax and Fee Administration (CDTFA) will be sharing updates and answering questions.*
- Hear from MMLG & CDTFA Representatives
- Hear from the MMLG Team
- Learn how to navigate a compliant 420
- Review key compliance issues related to advertising, marketing, and promotions
- Receive guidance on tax requirements for discounted or promotional items
- Discuss innovative compliance solutions
- Have the opportunity to ask questions
*Limited Seating Available*